Other useful sites
Other sources of information and parts for the Lotus Excel
Over the years, many people have written about various bits of Lotus cars and the Excel in particular. This page lists some of the most useful.
- www.LotusPIG.org.uk - our sister site which aims to be the most comprehensive searchable database of Lotus parts alternatives on the web.
- MAJCD213's blog about total restoration - if it needs to be done, Mike probably did it.
- Steve's records of jobs done on his car (when he had one) - useful for belts and headlining in particular.
- Wikipedia's Lotus Excel entry.
- "Jimmy Bond Jr".'s online Lotus Excel register
and - since so much of the Excel is from the MA61 Celica Supra Mk II - here's a link to that car's parts manual.
While we're here - some useful suppliers and workshops
- Lotus Certificate of Provenance - find out where your car was in the production run and what its original specification was.
- LotusBits.com - for new and used parts, advice, servicing and restoration (usually best to phone rather than rely on email). Also on ebay
- SJ Sportscars - for new and used parts, advice, servicing and restoration.
- PNM Engineering - for new and used parts, advice, servicing and restoration.
- Brian Swankie - Lotus restoration specialist (who also does pretty good kitchens)
- Classical Gas Restorations - for servicing and restoration.
- QED Motorsport- for engine parts
- Kemp High Performance engines - for engine parts.
- Fulcher Coachtrimmers